The title looks like the next Adele CD album but anyway.
So the day has come.
Im not one of those persons who make a big deal about the birthdays. In fact, i’ve just made a party once in my life about my birthday, when i was 20, pretty cool actually, but i just prefer going out with some friends, drink, dance, rock music, and thats it.
Ok i must add that my last birthday was one of the greatest in my life, cuz a gorgeuos New Yorker who i love made a romantic dinner with jamon serrano, tortelini (or maybe ravioli), wine, an amazing kiss and a fantastic session of passionate sex and love.
However this year will be kindda different.
Once a person told me that becoming 23 its kinda big deal, cuz its the time when you are suppose to know what to do in life and bla bla bla (stuff full of boring routine). A great friend of mine told me also that 23 its suppose to be the perfect number, according to some mathematical-logical-philosophical thing. Michael Jordan wore the 23 on his shirt. Christopher McCandless from the book “Into the wild” was 23 when he was in the middle of nowhere having a fucking cool life experience.
Having a summary of cool things i remember have done and lived until now are:
- 1993 – Entering school. Threatening the teacher of eating spinach like Popeye and punch her in the face.
- 1994 – 1995 – Best rookie athlete on long jump and sprint running.
- 1996 – The year i met Rock music.
- 1997 – First time i went to Cancun, fell in love with the white sand and the goddamn blue turquoise sea.
- 1998 – Orlando Florida, Disneyworld. I cried when i met Mickey Mouse.
- 1999 – Mother fucker strong earthquake in Puebla. In the bathroom. One of the most scary days of my life.
- 2000 – Ruta Maya tour with the family.
- 2001 – 2002 – Award of best basketball player in school.
- 2003 – First girlfriend. First kiss. First true erection because of female boobs.
- 2004 – First time since kindergarden that i went back into track and field again. Best rookie on the state championship winning 2nd place on my 1st year of competition.
- 2005-2006 – Exchange year. Germany. Europe. A year where i learned how to smoke cigarettes and weed. Drugs. Alcohol. Hot Females. The year i lost my virginity. Eternal walks through the magical european places. Met awesome people, made awesome friends. Became a professional thief accumulating a bill of 1235 euros and finally got caught by the police for stealing an iPod case of 2.5 euros. Being excused by the judge and paid a 30 euros fine. First blackout for alcohol. More alcohol. First time i saw snow and tried to eat it. First and only time ive snowboarded and fell in love with it.
- 2007 – Got my driver license. 2 hours later crashed the car. Met my best mate JC.
- 2008 – Graduated from highschool. Entered college.
- 2009 – Spent the night in police jail for running over a guy. (Nothing happened to him, actually he tried to take money from my parents later) Worst night of my life. But also there’s the AC/DC concert, Mexico City Foro Sol. Cried when i heared highway to hell. One of the most fucking great nights in my life.
- 2010 – November 26th. Met the lady that would change my life.
- -Iron Maiden Concert (freaking awesome).
- 2011 – Fell in love for the first time with a beautiful girl from Hastings on Hudson New York. Met real happiness. Started to live again. New Years Eve in New York City.
2012 hasnt been thaaaat bad so far. I mean yeah i had a depressive good bye scene on an airport but i know ill be with her again eventually. Beyond that, and the facts that there was another earthquake last week and that there may be a zombie apocalypse, well this looks like a fresh year. Im going to the Metallica concert. Also im suppose to be graduated on december of this year, so maybe it is the year of having extreme fun, of learning new stuff and grow up on the fun and cool way.
So tomorrow i will just enjoy drinking beers and some tequila shots with my friends, and ill receive this 23 with arms wide open.
As my favourite person in the world would say:
“Vamos a veeeeer, vamos a veeeeeeeer”
Happy birthday to all the other persons who were born on the 28th of march!